(KENS 5) — CONVERSE, Texas — At 17 years old, Danica Kaprosy was struggling with insomnia and food allergies that caused her pain. While her family tried to find alternatives to strong pain medications, she eventually decided to meet someone she found online to get some Percocet.
But the pill she took wasn’t Percocet. It was fentanyl. Danica took the pill in the early morning hours of July 22, 2022.
She was already dead when the sun came up.
Veronica’s daughter is now on billboards in Converse and Selma just east of San Antonio, thanks to the Forever15Project. Brandon and Janel Rodriguez founded the organization after their son, Noah, also died of fentanyl poisoning last August.
He also believed he was taking a Percocet and died after a single pill.
Janel Rodriguez told KENS 5 her son’s friends attended his funeral but some continued to take risks with pills from unknown sources. She wanted it to stop.