The Carrollton-Farmers Branch community has been rattled by a series of juvenile fentanyl overdoses.
Ryan Vaughn lost his 16-year-old daughter Sienna to a fentanyl overdose just about two months ago.
“We had heard about the fentanyl. We talked about it with my daughter. We talked about drugs all the time, but her friend convinced her like kids do, through peer pressure, to try Percocet. She took a Percocet, and that was it. She had no idea she was taking fentanyl,” said Vaughn.
On her recent birthday, instead of celebrating with her, they went to a fentanyl awareness event.